Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just What the Doctor Ordered

This weekend was blissfully low key.  Just what I was craving after a week on the road for work and a month of busy weekends and lots of "to dos."  S2H and I kicked off the weekend with a double date at Sweetwater Tavern.  We were accompanied by the lovely Bree and Tommy.  We love Sweetwater this time of year because they brew the most a-m-a-z-i-n-g pumpkin beer.  We wait all year for this beer to hit the tap list...it is so perfect and the brown sugar glass garnish is too good for words.  It was so fun catching up with Bree and Tommy, in fact after sitting at the table longer than the busy staff wished we headed to B&T's to finish off some take away pumpkin beer.  I wish I had taken a pic of B&T's sweet pup, Sadie and Sydney the cat - they were both such sweetie pies.  S2H spent the car ride home talking about how we must get a dog!
Saturday I woke up to pumpkin muffins and french pressed coffee...way to go S2H!  I spent the morning bumming around the house munching on muffins and watching DVR.  I was very disappointed to see that Mondo didn't win Project Runway...I'm just not a Gretchen fan.  But the Halloween episode of Modern Family made me laugh at loud!  I finally forced myself out of my fuzzy slippers and headed out to get a mani/pedi.  I went for essie's downtown brown and love it...minus the fact that my flats smudged my big toe!  How that happened I have no idea, I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes!  S2H and some friends joined the masses in DC for the Rally for Sanity and/or Fear.  I met them for a late lunch after it was all over.  I had planned to go but decided I would find more sanity with a little pampering!

I completely bailed on Halloween this year...I didn't even get a pumpkin!  So costumes were completely off the table.  Instead of dressing up we spent the evening cheering on Penn State!  I lit a pumpkin candle and called it a success (thanks for the candle Erin & Jen!).  It also helped that I made an awesome tortollini soup with rosemary bread for dinner!  (soup recipe to come later this week)
{this soup is perfect for a crisp fall weekend.  i ate it all weekend!}
S2H and I woke up bright and early on Sunday to support our friend, Erin, as she ran her first marathon. Erin had a lofty goal of finishing the Marine Corps Marathon in under 3 hours (crazy!!)!  And guess what?!  She totally rocked it!  Her final time was 2.59.56!  Holy moly this girl can move. We followed her all across Arlington and DC, I got a high just from watching her, so determined and strong!

You can see Erin's take on the race here.  Congrats Erin, you're amazing!  We spent the rest of Sunday with the MCM support crew celebrating Erin's success.  I'm back on the road again for work today.  Hopefully I will get a few posts out from the hotel!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment