Friday, July 22, 2011

Year 26 Bucket List

The summer has been flying by at lightening speed.  In between wedding festivities I celebrated my 26th birthday.  It's official, I am now closer to 30 than 20...scary.  This year S2H and I kept the birthday weekend very low key.  We drove out to the Shenandoah Valley and had an amazing 5 mile hike, complete with a yummy picnic. And we made a spontaneous stop at a Virginia Vineyard for a quick wine tasting.  We finished off the celebration with a few too many glasses of sangria and the great company of friends.  
During our hike S2H asked me what I wanted to do in my 26th year and so formed the bucket list.  This list is a little ambitious but it is nice to dream!

  • Travel more!  This includes more trips to my dad's beach house as well as taking S2H abroad! I also want to visit Savannah, GA and New England.
  • Go to a UNC Basketball Game.  Giselle is going to be a junior at Chapel Hill this fall and we have yet to make it to a game, this is a must!
  • Learn to crochet. 
  • Take a class.  I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up, but it is time to figure it out. So I am thinking that if I take some classes it might help me.  Top runners are, graphic design, photography, ceramics, or pastry.
  • Explore DC.  I have now lived in the DC suburbs for 4 years and still have not visited all the museums, monuments, food spots, and hidden gems of the area.
  • Take more pictures.
  • Plan a reunion with my high school girlfriends and their significant others.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I need to make a bucket list too! Count me in for the dc museums. If I go with friends maybe I won't be bored :) and I love the hs friend reunion. I am starting mine this weekend with the college gfs and so happy we are!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bucket list too Meghan! And Savannah was just about one of the greatest places on earth :)

    ReplyDelete