Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Reading

During my summer trip to the Outerbanks with S2H and his family I became totally gripped by Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I think I finished the book in about 3 days.  I stayed up til 3am one night! I am a nerd in the way I become so engrossed in a book, I just can't help it!  One night I was reading, and the book was so intense/violent that I had to wake S2H up and make him sleep on the floor (we were in separate rooms to set a good example for the kiddos!)!  I have now moved on to The Girl Who Played with Fire.  So far this book is just as good as the first.  At this point I'm not sure how much of the book I am even absorbing because I want to figure out what happens so bad!  It will definitely be a book I have to read again.  But for now I need to hurry up and finish and move on to the book club book.  To follow up August's book, To Kill a Mockingbird, we are reading Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.  Did you know Capote and Harper were childhood friends?  Harper actually helped Capote with the research for In Cold Blood.  We figured this would be a neat connection to explore.  The next meeting is at the end of September, I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment