Friday, September 24, 2010

A Tasty Goodbye

This week officially ends the summer season.  But you wouldn't know it with the sweltering 90 degree days, so S2H and I embraced the weather and went out for bbq!  BBQ holds a special place in my heart since my love with S2H officially blossomed in Kansas City, MO.  And we all know that KC is the mid-west bbq capital!  I also love going out for bbq because it is definitely something I can't whip up at home.

We headed over to Rockland's BBQ, an Arlington staple.  Rockland's has a homey feel with its rustic decor and friendly staff.  You can tell the owner has a lot of heart, not only for food, but for pups!  Every Thursday you get a free pulled pork sandwich if you bring your pup along to dine.  It is the cutest thing ever!  The patio has a nice little corner with doggie treats and K-9 toys.  S2H was swooning, another pro for us getting a dog!  
{give you an idea of the charm}
I was already smiling when we took our seat next to the K-9 gang with my mint sweet tea but I was glowing when the food came out!  Baked mac & cheese, coleslaw, and tomato/vinegar pulled pork (brisket for S2H). Yuummm-o.  And the bbq sauce was to die for, almost good enough for swimming!


We finished off the meal with an S2H style dessert...a pitcher of Blue Moon.  It was so nice to take a moment and sip some yummy brew and talk about how fun the summer has been. It has been a whirlwind season with weddings and family visits.  I hope the Fall brings just a many fun memories and moments with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am DYING over here! "The BBQ sauce was to die for...almost good enough for swimming" HAHA this made my day. Love to the Onnells!! ;)

    ReplyDelete